AGP pool lights

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
I am pondering buying 2 of the NL50's or NL 100's. I tried to search by model number and nightlighter and only found 1 thread. Anyone using these? How are they? I find mixed reviews online. I had one in my old 18' round but I honestly do not remember how it worked for me.

What other types are you all using and how have they held up for you?

I installed a led color changing light into my steps and it's been great, do a search for 546 led pool light on ebay and you will see it.
I used a 10v power supply with it and it lights up my entire pool and has several different programs to use by just flipping the light switch on and off

Mine is supposed to cycle through the colors or you can leave it on one of your choice, but I haven't used it much since it is new and we have not been night swimming yet. I do put it on when I am adding bleach at night since the area is pretty dark. I am not too fond of the red alone, but I do like the green and the blue. I would have to say that my old bright white light did a better job of illuminating the pool, but this one has a nice affect. My pool is a 27 foot round and this light does illuminate it completely, if not very brightly. It was bigger and heavier than I thought it would be... seems very solid. You have to put the lights in it per the directions and you must unfasten one of your top rails to mount it, but neither were very difficult to do.

* I do not have a deep end. I think this would work well for a deep end if you install it close to your deep end. It does illuminate my whole pool, but on the red light alone, it does seem to fade a bit toward the other side of the pool.

Durf said:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/above-ground-pool-led-light-t41306.html

I went wtth the cheap battery magnet ones from Walmart and love it so far. Cheap, bright, and could not be easier to install.

How many did you buy? I have heard they are not very bright. Nobody seems to have any pics of any of the AGP light actually installed at night and you can't take what the manufacturer puts up as the gospel because they all use the same pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My light came with pretty good instructions, but I would not call it a manual. I just looked around for them, but couldn't find them. :( I can take a picture tonight if you want to see how this one looks, although it will be different with your pool dimensions.

This was a good choice for me since I wanted to get away from the light and return being combined. There are too many things out there that connect to the return (fountains, slime bags, etc) and I was just not able to use them with my light/return as it was.

Nah, don't worry about it. Being as mine will be a 18x34 with a deep end I think I am going to get the Nightlighter 100 and mount it on the deep end. I think I will need all the wattage it has to offer to get the whole pool lit with one light. After doing some reviews I found the only issue most people have is the thickness of the under rail part not fitting some pools. I used to design performance car parts so i think I can get pas that little hurdle. lol. Once I have it up and running You can be sure to see pics.

Ive got 4 installed on my 18x33 and it is over kill but for $20 for all 4 why not. 2 would of done the job, heck 1 really. The beauty is if a local Walmart has them you have nothing to lose. Install is like 1 minute, so if it isn't bright enough you take it back. But I doubt you do.

My biggest concern is batteries. I have quiet a few battery powered LED wall sconces in my home to alleviate lights my family cannot figure out how to turn off so I really want to avoid more batteries. I just ordered the NL100 and will post pics and feedback on as soon as I get it all setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.