Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leg worries or no problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Leg worries or no problem

18 x 54" pool, Its level with 1/2", and I placed 2x6 chunks of treated wood under each leg to keep them from sinking. Its been up for 6 wks now and you can see that the tarp has stretched out wards from the center, and the legs are now wider at the bottom and narrower towards the top. So they are tipping inwards, not dramatically, but noticeable.

Am I looking at a crash and burn here or is this normal?

Is there adjustment in the bottom rope? How to do?
    Intex 18' x 54". 7000 gal. 1,600 gph Sand Filter Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leg worries or no problem

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

I'm tagging in too, cause I have the same question....
    Intex 16'x48" easy set, 5000 gal. (AGP) w/ thru wall skimmer
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount Sand Filter S180T / Hayward Pro Series XL 1.5hp Pump
    TFTestKit-100 -- The Pool Calculator -- Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have been observing other pools in my area and this seems to be somewhat normal. IDK this must have been a dumb question since no one chimed in. LOL
    Intex 18' x 54". 7000 gal. 1,600 gph Sand Filter Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

maybe the answer is already out there. I'll do some more research on the 'bottom rope' topic. If I find anything, I'll let ya know...
    Mine is questionable too. I don't know how long it's supposed to be, or if I can replace it. It looks to me like the water has started to degrade the rope some.
    Intex 16'x48" easy set, 5000 gal. (AGP) w/ thru wall skimmer
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount Sand Filter S180T / Hayward Pro Series XL 1.5hp Pump
    TFTestKit-100 -- The Pool Calculator -- Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Some folks have replaced the bottom strap with a nylon tie down strap that uses a ratchet to tighten. The rope can be replaced with more rope.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Goochland, Virginia (outside of Richmond)

My above ground pool did the same thing and we moved it once and used it 2-3 years each location. This is normal if it is just a bit of a lean, if look you will notice that the water seems to push the bottom of the vertical side out a bit more than the top. This causes the bottom of the legs to push out a bit and we never had any issues. Mine did not lean drastically or anything just a bit of a lean with the bottom wall of the pool pushing the bottom of the legs out a touch.

Hard to say if you have an issue without pictures but you are most likely fine. I have also heard of people supplementing the bottom rope with a ratchet strap.
    16,800 16'x32' IG Vinyl Pool, Buddy Seat, 7' Deep End
    Hayward Sand Filter(1.5 cups of DE), Pentair Pump, SWG Autopilot Digital
    Taylor K-2006 test kit, Speed stir, Borate and Salt Water Strips
    Polaris 9300 cleaner
    Pool Filled First Time June 14th, 2012
    Previous Pool AG Intex 16' Oval, SWG (5 Years)