I shocked the pool with 1 gallon of liquid chlorine today. After 3 hours no chlorine was registering in the test stick. I took my water and had it retested. She said the shock is supposed to disapear after it kills things and add two pucks to the skimmer basket. it has been 6 hours and still nothing. The reading from the pool store were:
ca 10 ppm
I added 1/2 container of calcium increaser. test stips 2 hours later read 200 ppm She said not to add the stabilizer because it did not need it. At this point I am not sure how to fix it.
Pool was installed on 6/21/2012
water was delivered on same day, electric was installed on friday and chemicals first added on Sat.
15x30 oval ab pool pool lady said that was 12,500 gallons of water
not sure about filter except it is a sand filter and it used 100lbs of sand.
Thanks for any help I am at a loss.