Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 380 bag question

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 380 bag question

wondering any opinions on best replacement bags for the Polaris cleaner
    I have after market velcro bags that are a pain. the velcro must be hosed off with high pressure to clean so they seal properly, but it seems after a few hours they open up a bit anyway....this makes the Polaris useless.

Has anyone used the zipper bags? any other opinions or best prices?

thx
    24K gal, plaster, concrete decking, cantelivered coping, 20 years old, raised attached stone spa - 1 1/2 HP purex triton pump, 3 yr old 48 sq ft Pentair DE filter with multiport, Polaris 380 w/pump, 2 yr old Pentair mastertemp 400k heater - live in southeastern PA outside phila.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 380 bag question

I have the zipper bag on my 380. I've had the cleaner for a year now and never have had trouble with the bag at all. If I ever needed to replace it, I would stick with the zipper bag that came with the cleaner! I think it is officially called a sand & silt bag. I saw one in my pool store for about $25.
    HTH
    21x40 - 28000 gal Kidney w/swimout, bench, Aqua Comfort Heat Pump, AquaRite Plus SWG, LED, White plaster/blue tiling, Cartridge Filter, 1hp pump, Polaris 380

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks
    Some reviewers on amazon say they prefer the Velcro to the zipper so I wanted to get some feedback here before ordering
    24K gal, plaster, concrete decking, cantelivered coping, 20 years old, raised attached stone spa - 1 1/2 HP purex triton pump, 3 yr old 48 sq ft Pentair DE filter with multiport, Polaris 380 w/pump, 2 yr old Pentair mastertemp 400k heater - live in southeastern PA outside phila.

4. Back To Top    #4

I prefer the zipper to the velcro. The velcro just does not seem to hold up as well. I got mine at my local pool store a while back but forgot the price on it.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits