Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquid stabilizer

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Liquid stabilizer

Just a quick comment

You can buy stabilizer in liquid form.

With those big cartridge filters, we often open the filter, clean the cartridges, and add the required amount of stabilizer right into the filter case.

Best to run the filter continuously for a couple of days when you do this, otherwise the stabilizer will turn into "cement".
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bad salt cell?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaxalot
    Yes, but it is twice as expensive and has no advantages. The sock method avoids the other issues you mentioned.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Bad salt cell?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaxalot
    Yes, but it is twice as expensive and has no advantages. The sock method avoids the other issues you mentioned.
    Yes, but sometimes convenience trumps expense. And getting the problem solved quickly might well be worth it. (Not to argue with the site admin )
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Liquid stabilizer

Except there isn't any problem and there isn't any rush, and no noticeable difference in convenience, so all you are saying is spend more money, which is pointless at best.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School