Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

My fiberglass pool has four steps along the entire width at one end. They do have a slight texture to them but I have to say not enough to make me feel very secure as I've slipped a few times! I feel like an old lady walking in so cautiously, holding on to the handrail as if my life depends on it (yeah, I know it actually can!).
    Is this a common problem with smooth fiberglass pools? Is there anything on the market meant to solve this problem?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

I wouldn't attach anything to the steps permanently. you can try using a anti-slip tub mat
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

well, I think I've figured out why I've slipped. The stairs aren't the widest things, and the rounded edge to the front of each step isn't textured like the back end is. I think I've been stepping in onto the front rounded edge and causing the slip. Big feet I guess, LOL. It still worries me enough that I'm now warning everyone to make sure they're stepping on the textured step and not too far forward. We'll see ....
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a viking fiberglass pool and have never noticed the steps to be a problem in terms of traction.
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44

5. Back To Top    #5

I am also having this problem, except mine involves the stairs and a layout platform.
    13'-6" x 33' Blue Hawiian fiberglass IG, Goldline SWG, Hayward 1-1/2 hp dual speed pump, 27" Hayward sand filter, 2x 12v LED lights PB installed. Installed on 8/10/2012

6. Back To Top    #6

look at some non skid stuff in a boat supply store