Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

My fiberglass pool has four steps along the entire width at one end. They do have a slight texture to them but I have to say not enough to make me feel very secure as I've slipped a few times! I feel like an old lady walking in so cautiously, holding on to the handrail as if my life depends on it (yeah, I know it actually can!).
    Is this a common problem with smooth fiberglass pools? Is there anything on the market meant to solve this problem?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

I wouldn't attach anything to the steps permanently. you can try using a anti-slip tub mat
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

well, I think I've figured out why I've slipped. The stairs aren't the widest things, and the rounded edge to the front of each step isn't textured like the back end is. I think I've been stepping in onto the front rounded edge and causing the slip. Big feet I guess, LOL. It still worries me enough that I'm now warning everyone to make sure they're stepping on the textured step and not too far forward. We'll see ....
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a viking fiberglass pool and have never noticed the steps to be a problem in terms of traction.
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44

5. Back To Top    #5

I am also having this problem, except mine involves the stairs and a layout platform.
    13'-6" x 33' Blue Hawiian fiberglass IG, Goldline SWG, Hayward 1-1/2 hp dual speed pump, 27" Hayward sand filter, 2x 12v LED lights PB installed. Installed on 8/10/2012

6. Back To Top    #6

look at some non skid stuff in a boat supply store