Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace a liner

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lewiston NY

Replace a liner

I need to replace my old vinyl liner. It's a project I'm looking to do myself. Not only to save the money but I'd like the challenge. What am I getting myself into here. Any tips I can get would help
    Thanks guys!
    28,000g IG
    Jacuzzi Pump and Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Replace a liner

Changing an inground liner is a pretty good job. If you have help and are pretty handy you can probably do it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replace a liner

Me and my husband just installed our vinyl liner. We are first time pool owners and just purchasing the house, we did not have the money to pay to have it done. We were surprised it was not as difficult as the pool companies make it out to be. It was pretty much me and my husband, the kids seemed to all be busy, the scariest part was the cutting out the main drain and the skimmers, but just take your time and I am sure you will do fine. Hooking up the shop vac into the skimmer or putting it behind the liner really helps pull out alot of the wrinkles.