solar blanket reel for lazy L pool

caper

Jun 23, 2012
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and am looking for some help.

I have a 2 year old 18x36 lazy L inground pool. My current solar blanket and reel require me to move the reel over the 'corner' of the pool (where the L section and deep end start) and then pull it out in both directions. Then to roll it up I need to fold in a small section, then roll it up, and move it out of the way. This is a very inefficient system, to start, and secondly, but pool deck area is limited, so the solar blanket takes up some space.

What I am looking for is an alternative, or modification I could use to 'mount' the reel above over the back end of the diving board, and be able to pull it out in one direction from there.

Does anyone out there have experience with lazy l pools and have some ideas for me?

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to TFP!

You seem to have already figured out some of the alternatives. One thing you didn't mention that can help a great deal is to split the cover up into two pieces, both rectangular. That makes rolling them up much simpler, though it does mean having two smaller reels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.