borax via skimmer

Anything can be introduced into the pool via the skimmer. It simply depends on how fast you add it. Plopping 20 lbs of Borax all at once in a big glop is a no-no. Putting it in slowly so it doesn't clog up the skimmer is just fine.

In some ways, the skimmer is better than allowing some things to settle to the pool floor.

duraleigh said:
Anything can be introduced into the pool via the skimmer. It simply depends on how fast you add it. Plopping 20 lbs of Borax all at once in a big glop is a no-no. Putting it in slowly so it doesn't clog up the skimmer is just fine.

In some ways, the skimmer is better than allowing some things to settle to the pool floor.

that's exactly what i was thinking. thank you.

Adding to skimmer..I have to agree..I think you get a quicker chemical response adding it straight to the water itself at the return.Anything you put down the skimmer has to be filter'd so it take's away from the chemical add itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.