http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/toxic- ... 00789.html
One mom on the scene described "an explosion of acid" rising from a once serene pool, though it's unclear what officially happened around 2 p.m. yesterday to sicken as many as 80 people, according to the Star's estimate.
"We haven't reached a final determination on the cause of yesterday's incident," John T. Althardt, spokesman for the Marion County Health Department, told Yahoo! Shine Friday. The pool employee on the scene that day might have more answers, but is still recovering in the hospital along with six other patients being treated for respiratory distress.
For now, it's believed a toxic mixture of chlorine gas caused swimmers, most of them children, to suffer bouts of vomiting along with eye and lung irritation. Lt. Derrick Sayles of the Indianapolis Fire Department points to ACID Magic, a pool sanitizing solution that if imbalanced can produce a potentially dangerous level of toxicity.