Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: What temperature do you heat your pool too?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 6.67%

4 8.89%

7 15.56%

10 22.22%

8 17.78%

3 6.67%

10 22.22%

Thread: What temperature do you heat your pool too?

1. Back To Top    #1

What temperature do you heat your pool too?

15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What temperature do you heat your pool too?

I live in Arizona so it's pretty easy to get into the 80's and with the weather coming up in the next week, I'll be lucky if I can keep the pool below 90 even running the solar heaters at night to cool it.
    Mesa Arizona. Old school 26,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with sand filter built in 1984.

3. Back To Top    #3

I let my pool temps run wherever the sun takes it. When it's hot here, 100-107, the pool warms up pretty quick but some nights we get a breeze and it will cool off with air temps into the 60s at night and then the pool cools down. It typically runs in the low to mid 80s. If it gets too hot, I add some fill water to cool it down and top it off as we can get a lot of evaporation pretty quickly. I had a cover for a couple years but it spent more time on the deck and it was a pain to mange. When it became old and brittle, it was recycled and not replaced. It also made the pool too hot.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

We keep our pool between 90-92 degrees. Love it we do a lot of night time swimming.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

5. Back To Top    #5

I live in Eastern Canada, where the temperatures are currently 57 at night and 72 in the day. I keep the pool at 78 until the weather warms up. This might seem cool to those in the south, but you get used to it, particularly with the cost of propane (no natural gas) here! When the pool water gets to 84 in mid-summer, I leave the solar cover off at night to let it cool down, as we find the water too warm to be refreshing! Our "perfect" water temperature is 81.
    18X36' 25000 gal Jacuzzi vinyl Inground Pool (1985) with resin sidewalls, newer Jacuzzi 1 hp two-speed pump and sand filter. Raypak propane heater, Rainbow 320 chlorinator (mostly use bleach).
    Softtub 220 portable hot tub.

6. Back To Top    #6

We actually try and cool our pool down to 84. With our hot weather, it is a challenge.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

7. Back To Top    #7

86 to 88 are the best temperatures to have in order for the water to ease the pain I have of fibromyalgia - it's soothing without being too warm - love it! I can stay in the pool forever at those temps!

Best,
    Jan
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock for sanitizing, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 8 ml blue solar cover, TF-100 test kit, had pink algae in 2010 Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a spa, which i heat upto about 98 degrees cause a lot of little kids, don't want them to get too hot. keep the pool at 84 degrees, problem is people complain the pool is too cold "your pool is too cold to swim" lol cause they go in the spa first.
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Our is at around 88F because my wife uses it for exercise therapy (with some swimming) and she's in for up to an hour and a half each day. I like it warm like that as well, but people who swim a lot would find it too warm.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

84-86 seems to be our ideal temp. 84 for water aerobics and swimming, 86 for just hanging out in the water. If it gets over 88, some one toss me a bar of soap...I feel like I'm in a warm bath. Much less that 84 feels frigid in contrast ot our air temps which are over 100 much of the summer. The solar system seems to allow daytime heating or nighttime cooling as needed to stay pretty close to ideal.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

No odd numbers? sniff
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School