Finally got TF Test Kit!

cdereu

May 28, 2012
Illinois
I just got my TF Test Kit today and did my first testing tonight.

FC - .5
CC - 1
PH - 7.5
TA - 280
CH - 250
CYA - 40

Since my CC was 1 and my FC was just .5 I started shocking. I added 186 oz. of bleach and 22 oz. of stabilizer to get my CYA up. I need to check my FC & CC in another hour and if FC is down I need to add more bleach to keep it at 16 for shock level. Is this correct?

I never even gave it a thought about waiting to raise the CYA! I knew it was low and was worried about getting it where it should be. MY TA is also high, but my PH has been holding steady at 7.5. Should I try to get the TA down yet?

I don't think the cover matters for the OCLT, but during the day the sun would help break down the cc.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

At 11:15 last night:
cdereu said:
just did a retest - FC is 17
Then at 9:10 this morning:
New set of numbers this morning:

FC - 6

A loss of 11ppm over night?

That's a GINORMOUS hit, and I find it nearly impossible that you lost that much FC and CC remained below 1 (To be honest...with that much loss, I'd find it difficult to believe CC was below 10). Is the 6 above a typo for 16 perhaps?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking at your cya numbers, going from 40 to 90 ppm is very unlikely unless you used a lot of liquid stabilizer. Are you having problems with the test?

You need to know this number in order to properly shock.

If you put only pool water (no R-0013) is the dot visible when the tube is full?

did you use liquid or solid CYA? Review the extended test directions to verify you are doing the test correctly .... It is a sticky in the testing forum.

You should not need to drain that much since you have a SWG. But it will require much higher FC levels for the required shock process.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.