Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks....

1. Back To Top    #1

Just a quick thanks to the many posts that I have read over the past week while I tried to correct my pool issue. I invested in a DPD kit, not the recommended one, but that is another story. I fought with the pool for nearly a week...several trips to the evil stores, more water tests, they used the same strips that they sell there customers and no luck.

One water test done on my own, downloaded the iPhone calculator app (wish it were an iPad app), bought some very expensive chemicals at Walmart (BBB) .... and the water is crystal clear.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with that Nature 2 cartridge I hooked up before I read about the problems they can cause. I had used it in the past with relatively good luck, but the cartridge alone will just about pay for the new chemicals for an entire season for this pool.
    13,500 / AG / Vinyl / Hayward 150 sq ft Cartridge / 1HP 2 Speed / Born in 2009
    Intermatic Timer / Stenner 10GPD + Woods Timer / Former LQ (3/8 upgrade and SMC Valves) 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Thanks....

Welcome to tfp, Mwjman1
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Welcome to TFP.

Just don't buy the refills for the Nature 2. You can remove it next time you do any plumbing work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

but the cartridge alone will just about pay for the new chemicals for an entire season for this pool.
    The exchange rate between Nature2 cartridges and adult beverages is quite favorable as well.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School