having setup issue - would love some assistance

Jun 22, 2012
so I got the family a 12 x 24 intex pool - opted for the larger salt sand filter (2650). got everything running and have yet to come up with a way to attach the skimmer/ vacuum. The grid from the filter that came with the pool must be different and the hose and skimmer do not fit on the 2650. I have tried to come up with a way to "make it work" and "mcgyver" something with no luck im about $100 in with different hoses and pvc attempts and have basically given up - figuring there has got to be an easier way to get this going. My pool is starting to get a bunch of bugs and debris in it without a skimmer working or a vacuum being used. so i guess my question is how do i get the skimmer to attach to the 2650 pump?. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Several of our members have Intex pools. Sometimes a little modification is needed to get things hooked up right. Here is a list of helpful links for intex pool owners. You may want to read through it for some ideas.

Here is a Youtube video from intex showing how to hook up the 2650 filter. The section you need is about 5:50 minutes into the video.

thanks for the reply - although i dont see anything like what i got going. that may be an old model 2650 filter but doesnt show anything on the skimmer/vacuum attachments. I have also checked out the links and did get some useful tips but still no skimmer or vac issues that help me out. so if there are any other links or tips that would be great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.