Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it possible to calculate volume if my pool is irregular

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it possible to calculate volume if my pool is irregular

Is it possible to use the Pool Calculator to calculate the pool volume if my pool is irregularly shaped (i.e., shaped like a bean)? I looked at old pool documents, which states that the perimeter of the pool is 80 feet and the depth of the pool is 8.5 feet. Will the "round pool" estimation work for my pool? Is there any other way I can calculate this?

I want to put some chlorine into the pool, but I'm not sure how much.

Please help this newbie.
    22.5K gal vinylpool -- Tagelus TA-60/60Dsand filter -- Hayward 3/4HP uprate Super Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it possible to calculate volume if my pool is irregul

I'd use the oval calculation to start and test again after the addition to test the volume estimate.
    20k gallon free form plaster pool with a spill over spa, sand filter, Master Pools in floor cleaner, Jandy PDA and Jandy Lite2 natural gas heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Try a search for pool volume calculator. One will give you irregular shapes and how to calculate. I used one but unfortunatly I didnt save it.
    Sorry.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, Car_e

If you want measure your pool, you can post the dimensions and we can help estimate the volume. A drawing would be great, but a picture might work too.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.