My water is cloudy, and need some advice please

Jun 5, 2012
my pool water is cloudy. I'm trying to figure out why? I brought my FC level up to 8 or 9 (i will test when i get home) the day before when the water was clear and now it is cloudy. I think my CYA level is about 30ppm and my ph is around 7.5. Any thoughts on why it is so cloudy?

No. Once calcium is added to the pool, the only feasible way to get it out is with a partial drain and refill. The cloudiness will probably subside if you keep your pH in check, but the calcium will remain in the water. Adding a bag of shock will not raise the CH that much, but if you continue to use cal hypo as a primary source of chlorine, then your CH will continue to rise.

I have a 16' x 48" pool - My water got a little cloudy with a really slight bit of algae and I did the unconventional thing to do.. took a mop around the pool and mopped where the algae was forming (it was a little slick there, so I loosened it up with the mop) poured about 2 cups of bleach and ran the pump for 12 hours, SWG for 4. My water is crystal clear. yay!!!! I'm ok for now I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.