Haywood Cartridge Filter problem

dd50

May 31, 2008
florida
After cleaning the filter today it seems that even though I get it tight the thing doesn't leak it gushes. It feels like the cartridge is sitting correctly. I really don't know what is the problem. It seems that when I put the cartridge in that one side is a tiny bit higher. I don't know why. I then thought that maybe it is the cartridge so I changed it out and the same problem.

I can't think of what it could be but I need to pool done and getting very frustrated. :x Any ideas for me to try?

Have a Hayward cartridge filter as well and the first time I cleaned it I had the same problem. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop leaking. I took the gasket off the bottom half and found a bunch of sediment that I had missed. Removed the gasket, cleaned the lip and the gasket and was fine. Also found that you really need to torque down the joining bolt on the ring pretty good to make a nice seal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.