Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Haywood Cartridge Filter problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Haywood Cartridge Filter problem

After cleaning the filter today it seems that even though I get it tight the thing doesn't leak it gushes. It feels like the cartridge is sitting correctly. I really don't know what is the problem. It seems that when I put the cartridge in that one side is a tiny bit higher. I don't know why. I then thought that maybe it is the cartridge so I changed it out and the same problem.

I can't think of what it could be but I need to pool done and getting very frustrated. Any ideas for me to try?

2. Back To Top    #2

Haywood Cartridge Filter problem

Only thing I can think of is to double check the filter placement and check the rubber gasket for the top lid
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Haywood Cartridge Filter problem

Thanks. The gasket is fine. The filter seems to be in there like it is suppose to but when I put the top on is when the top looks a little higher on one side. I can't figure it out.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you could post some pics it would be easier to make suggestions. I would make sure the sealing surfaces are clean. I know I've found some tiny pebbles in mine resulting in a leaks.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Have a Hayward cartridge filter as well and the first time I cleaned it I had the same problem. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop leaking. I took the gasket off the bottom half and found a bunch of sediment that I had missed. Removed the gasket, cleaned the lip and the gasket and was fine. Also found that you really need to torque down the joining bolt on the ring pretty good to make a nice seal.
    25K Gallon IG Vinyl Liner w/ concrete walls True "L" 16X32X16, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward Swimclear C4030 Filter, Hayward 21104T Heat Pro Titanium Heat Pump, Hayward Aqua Plus SWG + Automation, 2 Hayward Color Logic 4.0 LED lights, Polaris 9300 cleaner. TF-100 test kit.