Just got filled up with water

Eddie

May 21, 2012
Vernon Texas
First time filled up this summer, Had to use water well to fill up. Here are my water tests.
FC-0
PH-7.2
TA-380
CH-220
CYA-less than 20
The only thing pool calc. tells me to add is 49 oz. acid and 1575 oz. vol. of baking soda. Why no bleach. I must be doing something wrong.

Something ain't right!

You don't need acid, your pH is already low. You don't need baking soda, your TA is high. You won't have any CYA unless you add it yourself. And you DO need bleach.

Try again, pay close attention to what numbers you enter and in what space.

With an indoor pool, you won't need much CYA.

Something is screwy. You typically raise TA with baking soda, and your TA is very high and needs to be reduced significantly.

Notice on pool calc you have 2 fields for each chem reading - a current reading, and a target. The difference between those is what drives pool calc and what it is telling you to do.

It almost sounds as if you have punched in numbers for target levels, and left the "Now" column blank, or some mixture like that.

Your numbers are not bad. You just need to get your TA down, bring your CYA level up (slowly), and most importantly, get some chlorine in the pool.

SF

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.