Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air in return jet

1. Back To Top    #1

Cinnaminson NJ

Air in return jet

Getting air bubbles in return jet. Will come in spurts but regular. Is that most likely a possible crack or air leak between the skimmer and filter as I do see air bubbles in filter. I only have 1 return jet. I don't seem to be losing any water and my pressure gauge is reading 14-15 as always as I am not losing any pressure. I do have a fine "dust" dirt in areas of my pool that seems to disappear when I'm in water and wave it away. I'm going to try and vacuum to waste it out and see if it reappears but should I be concerned greatly about the air bubbles if I'm not losing pressure?
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air in return jet

Try running water over your pump basket and see if the bubbles in there go away.....if the bubbles in the pump basket go away, probably the seal is not tight or may need a new can also try running water over the pipes to see if the bubbles disappear..........we just recently had this issue and realized the pipe going into the pump basket was cracked and the gasket needed to be replaced......

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Air in return jet

The most common places for suction side leaks are;
    The pump strainer lid,
    The pump drain plugs,
    The skimmer weir not working properly allowing the skimmer to suck in air,
    The water level being too low and the skimmer creating a vortex sucking in air.

After that are the plumbing leaks.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit