Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie with a pool care question

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie with a pool care question

First season up and running with our pool and it's going great! I realized the other day though that when leave for our week's vacation in august I have no one to tend to the pool. What have you done to maintain your pool when you went out of town? I had the idea of putting the cover on but I'm not sure how to approach the chemicals. I don't want green water when I come home!!
    14k gallon oval agp, sand filter, 1hp pump, BBB method, K-2006 Test Kit
    Roanoke, VA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Newbie with a pool care question

Bringing the pool up to shock level and putting the cover on will usually work for a week.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sault Ontario

Re: Newbie with a pool care question

A timer for the pump plug in can help so your still getting some regular circulation but not necessarily 24/7, if you have neighbours close I'd personally touch base with them and show them where the shut off is in case of any emergency.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list