Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ultra Frame Leg Footings/Pads....

1. Back To Top    #1

Ultra Frame Leg Footings/Pads....

How important is it to have the pads under the legs of the ultra frame pool "flush" with the ground? Directions were kind of hard to interpret at that point and we put them on the ground without flushing them with the ground....pool is full and it seems level and fine...but....again how important is this? BTW I am in the process of draining it right now to fix, but if its ok, I'll leave it.

Thanks...
    23,500 GAL, IG, Vinyl, FNSP 36 DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ultra Frame Leg Footings/Pads....

If they are not too thick (~<1 inch), I think is has worked fine for people on here. Just be sure there is not an edge that can touch and work the liner.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

they are 2x12x12 Pressure Treated Lumber....so that is about 1 1/2" thick....You think it should be ok?
    23,500 GAL, IG, Vinyl, FNSP 36 DE Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, since you are full it must be working. Only issue I can think of is excessive tension on the sidewall potion of the liner and if the corners of the blocks are able to rub/damage the liner.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.