New Member :-) Can You I.D. This Filter ...Prize if so ...

Jun 21, 2012
NW FL
Hi to all :wave:

First, thank you so much to everyone involved in creating and contributing to this site .... I have been reading pool school over and over and my head is swimming (no pun intended, well maybe a little) ... I am in the process of switching to BBB away from wally world chemicals ...and awaiting my first real test kit, so no real results to post there ..... just using yellow/red kit....

my question has to do with finding this cartridge, it is the only one that has consistently worked for me, as in actually picking up grime, dirt, (dead algae, been there, done that ....long, long story for another time) ..... I bought it last year and can't remember where, might have been w.m., or lowes, and it has no imprint on it .... all the googling I have done has turned up nothing .... except something called backyard oceans, grime guard, which may or may not be it .... I cannot seem to find a close up of their filters to be able to tell for sure, and don't want to buy any more disappointments .... big, long sigh ....

I may not be able to keep a perfect pool, but I do make a mean batch of peach chutney, and have the the Best of Show county fair ribbon to prove it!!!! I hope to be making this year's batch tomorrow with some outstanding GA peaches.

I will send a pint jar to the first person who can absolutely, positively i.d. this filter for me so that I can get some ordered.

What's different is that it is not the spun polyester / dacron / dryer sheet media, but more like fabric with woven dots, in the picture they look like squares but to me, irl, they look like dots. End caps are dark blue, and have flexible gasket on the inside diam that works so much better....

Thanks again to all .....

off to get some more pool schoolin'
:wave:

Attachments

• P1110669 (800x600).jpg
    P1110669 (800x600).jpg
    225 KB · Views: 146
  • P1110671 (800x564).jpg
    P1110671 (800x564).jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 146
Re: New Member :) Can You I.D. This Filter ...Prize if so

Thanks all.... I did buy a unicel at a pool store yesterday, but it is not the same as the mystery one ... and honestly, it is not trapping what the mystery one is ... I will run both tomorrow and try to post pics of each after vacuuming the pool.....

can't find splash time yet, and pretty sure it is not unicel....any other ideas??

does any one have the Back Yard Oceans kind with the grime guard?? it "sounds" like it could be it ... but I haven't been able to find a close up pix of their filter and don't want to waste more money on something that may not be what I want ...

thanks again ...

Re: New Member :) Can You I.D. This Filter ...Prize if so

Thanks, no markings, thus a mystery, and I have tripled checked to make sure I'm not missing it.. Will start emailing manufacturers tomorrow, thanks for all the suggestions, will update when I know

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.