Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member :-) Can You I.D. This Filter ...Prize if so ...

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member :-) Can You I.D. This Filter ...Prize if so ...

Hi to all

First, thank you so much to everyone involved in creating and contributing to this site .... I have been reading pool school over and over and my head is swimming (no pun intended, well maybe a little) ... I am in the process of switching to BBB away from wally world chemicals ...and awaiting my first real test kit, so no real results to post there ..... just using yellow/red kit....

my question has to do with finding this cartridge, it is the only one that has consistently worked for me, as in actually picking up grime, dirt, (dead algae, been there, done that ....long, long story for another time) ..... I bought it last year and can't remember where, might have been w.m., or lowes, and it has no imprint on it .... all the googling I have done has turned up nothing .... except something called backyard oceans, grime guard, which may or may not be it .... I cannot seem to find a close up of their filters to be able to tell for sure, and don't want to buy any more disappointments .... big, long sigh ....

I may not be able to keep a perfect pool, but I do make a mean batch of peach chutney, and have the the Best of Show county fair ribbon to prove it!!!! I hope to be making this year's batch tomorrow with some outstanding GA peaches.

I will send a pint jar to the first person who can absolutely, positively i.d. this filter for me so that I can get some ordered.

What's different is that it is not the spun polyester / dacron / dryer sheet media, but more like fabric with woven dots, in the picture they look like squares but to me, irl, they look like dots. End caps are dark blue, and have flexible gasket on the inside diam that works so much better....

Thanks again to all .....

off to get some more pool schoolin'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5440 gal., 18 x 4 intex, unicel cartridge, AG, Krystal Klear 635t 1500 gph-new this year, 4th year for pool, BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member :-) Can You I.D. This Filter ...Prize if so

Splash Time pool filter cartridge??? Picked up a couple last weekend at Academy Sports.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

3. Back To Top    #3

Could be the filter mentioned here, Never buy an Intex type filter again.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by zea3
    Could be the filter mentioned here, Never buy an Intex type filter again.

no worries there, I am planning to return the ones I bought I don't believe in absorbing the cost of crummy products!!!!

off to check out the above-mentioned brand ... Thanks!!!
    5440 gal., 18 x 4 intex, unicel cartridge, AG, Krystal Klear 635t 1500 gph-new this year, 4th year for pool, BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

I use the UNICEL Filter and just wash it when my flow gets low or after having a bunch of people in the pool (tanning oils). lot cheaper than having to keep buying filters.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all.... I did buy a unicel at a pool store yesterday, but it is not the same as the mystery one ... and honestly, it is not trapping what the mystery one is ... I will run both tomorrow and try to post pics of each after vacuuming the pool.....

can't find splash time yet, and pretty sure it is not unicel....any other ideas??

does any one have the Back Yard Oceans kind with the grime guard?? it "sounds" like it could be it ... but I haven't been able to find a close up pix of their filter and don't want to waste more money on something that may not be what I want ...

thanks again ...

7. Back To Top    #7

It's probably either a Harmsco or a Filbur filter. I'd bet Harmsco but it should have some markings on the end caps somewhere.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks, no markings, thus a mystery, and I have tripled checked to make sure I'm not missing it.. Will start emailing manufacturers tomorrow, thanks for all the suggestions, will update when I know