I think I have a clogged skimmer line

Jun 20, 2012
I am new to this forum and am hoping I can get some help. I think I have a clogged skimmer line, Iam getting hardly any suction from skimmer. I tried to use drain king today, I took apart my skimmer line just after the 90 that comes from the ground. I inserted the drain king and let it run, nothing happened so I then inserted it in the skimmer basket on the pool side and nothing happened. What I noticed was when it was on skimmer line coming from ground I didnt see any water movement in skimmer basket(pool side) when I put it in skimmer basket no water came through on skimmer line but water came in through another line and overflowed pump? to give an idea of plumbing I have one skimmer with one skimmer line coming from ground two main drains with one main drain line coming from ground these two lines are connected with a tee on a pipe that comes from outside of garage then connects to the pump. The water is coming out of the tee, not sure if this is because the skimmer basket in pump overflowed. But nothing comes out of skimmer line. How can I tell if I am looking at the skimmer line and not the main drain?

Hi, welcome to TFP! Could you post a picture or two that shows as much of the plumbing as possible, including any valves and their positions? That may help us get a better idea of what you are looking at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.