Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: ph prbs

ph prbs

ok numbers...

Ph..6.8
    fc 5
    ta 90
    cya 40

New water Memorial day weekend as we put a new liner in....I have added ALOT of borax like 64oz 1 week ago and STILL no change in Ph...what am I doing wrong...everything else is good...water clear...should I just leave it alone?
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

Re: ph prbs

The common PH test will report any PH below 6.8 as if it was 6.8. So your actual PH was presumably much lower than 6.8 to start with.

Continue raising PH until you get to at least 7.2.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

And Remember Borax isn't as concentrated as the stuff you buy at the pool store...I used two entire 4 pound boxes a couple of years ago to raise from 7.0 to 7.5...

If you are using Borax...it will take more than if you use PH up...or other products...
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

used the pool calculator and put in by volume the amount to raise it from 6.8 to 7.4 and tested this morning...we are setting perfectly at 7.4

LOVE being able to use the BBB method and not spending $$$$$$$ at the pool store!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

Quote Originally Posted by jshinklin
    used the pool calculator and put in by volume the amount to raise it from 6.8 to 7.4 and tested this morning...we are setting perfectly at 7.4

LOVE being able to use the BBB method and not spending $$$$$$$ at the pool store!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!
    Now you're talkin'...I love it when stuff comes together
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer