Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leslie DPD Test Kit....

1. Back To Top    #1

Leslie DPD Test Kit....

I have this test kit. I am confused about whether this test kit will do all that I need it to do...In the instructions in the kit, it only tells me how to check for FC, CC, Ph, and total alkalinity and acid demand (is this CYA?) Is this all I need or should I order the one of the others?

28k gallon IG Vinyl Pool, 1hp Hayward 200 with Zeobrite in it, Full sun, no bottom drain, heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wichita, KS

Re: Leslie DPD Test Kit....

Hi Jill, here are the TFP recommended kits, unfortunately they will need to be ordered. The big ones you need are FAS-DPD for chlorine and the CYA test for Cyanuric acid.

Welcome to the forum!
    22'x52" AG Ultra Frame Intex - 12,500 gal (47K liter)
    Manual Liquid Chlorine - 1HP 100# Hayward sand filter
    Lots of sun, trees, pollen & wind - 50ppm Borates
    4nd season grateful TFP fan

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

It sounds like you have this test kit, which doesn't have all of the tests you really want to have.

That kit has the DPD chlorine test, instead of the FAS-DPD chlorine test we recommend. It is also missing the CH and CYA tests. Acid demand can be handy occasionally, but is not one of the tests we normally recommend.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok cool, thank you. I will order it straight away!

28k gallon IG Vinyl Pool, 1hp Hayward 200 with Zeobrite in it, Full sun, no bottom drain, heater