Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC Loss Each Day

1. Back To Top    #1

FC Loss Each Day

Can someone tell me the average daily loss of fc. It seems my loss each day goes down 2 to 3 ppm. My pool is in full sunlight all day & temp is now 90 or higher. I usually add more bleach than the calculator suggest I add,but don't want fc to drop below my target of 6. Thanks for all advice. FC 6,ta 80,ch 50,cya 40/50,cc 0,ph 7.7
    20X40 IG,33,000 GAL,VINYL LINER,1 HP PUMP,HAYWARD SAND FILTER,CAMDEN,S.C.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC Loss Each Day

That sounds normal.

If it's full sun, you might want to raise the CYA a few points to cut down on losses.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

If we consider the CYA to be 50 then your target range is 4-8 ppm according to the pool calculator, so you could bump up the FC a little if you want. 2-3 ppm of loss during the summer is normal.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

If you can get the loss down to 2 ppm per day, you're doing good.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

So pretty much you are adding bleach everyday? Since we just got really hot here in Pa I have noticed the bleach consumption increasing. What do you do when you go on vacation?
    17x33 inground vinyl pool, 22,000 gallons, 1 1/2 hp hayward pump, Hayward systemII DE filter with chlorinator, north central pennsylvania, heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mdreese
    So pretty much you are adding bleach everyday? Since we just got really hot here in Pa I have noticed the bleach consumption increasing. What do you do when you go on vacation?
    -Phone-a-friend
    -Float some pucks
    -Hope

Raising to shock level and covering the pool can give you more hope.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow thanks for the quick reply...I like the "hope" i think the phone a friend idea is in my future.
    17x33 inground vinyl pool, 22,000 gallons, 1 1/2 hp hayward pump, Hayward systemII DE filter with chlorinator, north central pennsylvania, heater

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    -Hope
    lol. This one never seems to work for me.
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

9. Back To Top    #9

I think a little bit of hope is required with any of the options
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!