Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Iron

1. Back To Top    #1

I need to treat our pool for iron. What is the best way to do this and how long will the pool be out of commission? I have noticed our steps are stained with what appears to be iron. We have a 30,000 gallon inground pool with a vinyl liner and sand filter.
    13x23 ProSeries AG Pool
    SandPro .5Hp Filter System
    AquaPro Pro 500 50k Heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Iron

I have no firsthand experience to offer, but I've seen enough posts to know there is a wealth of information here.

Try the search function, it's upper left next to where you log out. Try "iron" or "jack's magic" or "sequestrant" or "ascorbic acid". You'll get hundreds of hits. That ought to keep you busy for a few hours.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!