Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Back-washing Frequently

1. Back To Top    #1

Back-washing Frequently

I am having an issue, but not sure if it is actually an issue and wanted to get your thoughts. Last week I was having problems on my suction side and after replacing plumbing I corrected it and the suction side is working great. After I corrected the problem I noticed my pressure was high so I back-washed on Saturday which brought me down to around 14psi. Monday I was up to around 24psi and had to back-wash again, and again my filter was back down to 14psi. This morning I went out and checked the pressure and again, it rose 10 - 12psi so I had to back-wash again. There have been a lot of people swimming in the pool for the past 4 days, other than that I am not sure why I have to back-wash so often. Could it be because I corrected the suction problem and it is just now starting to clean as it should, or is the some other issue that has shown itself after I corrected one?
    24000 Gallons
    Cristal-Flo Hi-Rate Sand Filter
    IG - Vinyl
    3/4 HP Pump, and 44 Flow Rate
    Older than 10 years.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Back-washing Frequently

Is your water clear? If so that is odd.

I can not see signatures, so if you have a DE filter, you are adding DE every time right?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Back-washing Frequently

Yes my water is clear and has been since I opened it. I use a sand filter but I cannot figure out why I need to back-wash so often.
    24000 Gallons
    Cristal-Flo Hi-Rate Sand Filter
    IG - Vinyl
    3/4 HP Pump, and 44 Flow Rate
    Older than 10 years.