Back-washing Frequently

Jun 7, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
I am having an issue, but not sure if it is actually an issue and wanted to get your thoughts. Last week I was having problems on my suction side and after replacing plumbing I corrected it and the suction side is working great. After I corrected the problem I noticed my pressure was high so I back-washed on Saturday which brought me down to around 14psi. Monday I was up to around 24psi and had to back-wash again, and again my filter was back down to 14psi. This morning I went out and checked the pressure and again, it rose 10 - 12psi so I had to back-wash again. There have been a lot of people swimming in the pool for the past 4 days, other than that I am not sure why I have to back-wash so often. Could it be because I corrected the suction problem and it is just now starting to clean as it should, or is the some other issue that has shown itself after I corrected one?

Is your water clear? If so that is odd.

I can not see signatures, so if you have a DE filter, you are adding DE every time right?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.