Evepaporation or small leak

Aug 15, 2008
St. Charles IL
I had a new liner installed and am hopping I don't have a leak. The wife thinks evaporation.

Have an auto cover on and water level is down 1/2in in 5 days and the pool has been closed up no use. I just opened to check pool chem and saw the level dropped. Am I worrying for no reason and she is correct.

Thanks.

We just installed a new liner in our pool in the middle of May and I have worried about that almost everyday. We are near Chicago and it has been windy and dry and I am losing about 1/4" to 1/2" daily between that and kids swimming, so I think you are good to go....but believe me, I understand your worries.

Hard to be definitive but it is probably fine. Open that cover from time to time and let your pool "breathe"....it's good for it.

The bucket test is pretty definitive but I am not so sure it would be as accurate under a cover.

Outdoor pools in most of the US will lose 1/4" daily. Arizona pools about 3-4 feet in the same time period :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

duraleigh said:
Outdoor pools in most of the US will lose 1/4" daily. Arizona pools about 3-4 feet in the same time period :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ha! More like a foot a day, it seems... :wink:

I should have said take the cover off to do the bucket test, assuming they don't mind it uncovered for a few days...

I'm worrying for no reason. I just had so many issues with liner leaking the past two years that I am overly sensitive. First liner was installed by a service company and did a poor job. This time the company I want to have install originally did it and what a difference in install. They were in need of work otherwise they only install liners in pools they build. I understand since they made no money on my pool build. I paid them whatever thay wanted to install. I could have got the liner myself and saved thousands but I got what I paid for before and this time. Money well spent and I love my pool again. Headache every time I would swim looking at wrinkles from liner leaking.

So thank you all for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.