Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Another solar cover storage solution

Another solar cover storage solution

It seem that there has been a couple of good threads on building solar cover reels/storage devices lately. Some guys and gals have come up with some very creative solutions to fit their needs. With that I thought I would share the solution I came up with that works for me. It is a simple ladder type of framework that the cover can be "rolled" up in.

Here it is stored on top of the cover on the pool.

Here it is sitting on the edge of the pool with the cover rolled around it.

It is a simple framework built from 1" PVC. although it is flexible, it is strong enough to do the job. During parties, when the surf get up a little, I can simply lift it off and store it out of the way
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

Re: Another solar cover storage solution

Alway's better when come up with something that work's&not that much expense..Look's Good
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Updated to Hayworth S-180 T sand filter 2003,,BBB method started in may2010,,TF-100

Re: Another solar cover storage solution

that was crafty.
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)