Main Drain help

I have a problem for which I am hoping there is a solution. My main drain cover is off and my "pool guy" says that the collar or flange that you screw the cover into is broken and that the cover cannot be screwed down. He says there is no way to repair this except when the pool is refinished.

Is this accurate? I am hoping for someone who may know of some product to help resolve this.

Can I use a glue to glue the cover down? I would be fine with that. My pool will likey need to be re-done this winter so it may only need to be a short terms fix.

Thanks.

That is exactly what I did to secure my main drain and spa drain. The screw holes were impacted with some kind of deposits and became unusable. The covers have stayed in place for over a year now. I am now replastering my pool with Pebble Sheen and mentioned to the installer that I had glued the covers down with epoxy. He made a big fuss about what I did, but it wasn't clear to me what the problem was because I thought the drains would need to be replaced anyway.

As it turns out, I've had to remove the cover to my spa drain and it came off very easily. I had only applied the putty to two spots, so that helped. The plastering company said that they would cut out the top frame of the the pool and spa drains and reinstall a new frame for the drain covers. This way, they would not have to replace the entire drain housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.