Upgraded intex 12'

May 31, 2011
So I'm a lurker on this forum but thought I would share my build for any positive/negative critisism :)

I'll start with my first pool ever from last year. Put a lot of time and effort into this pool for me and my 4 yr old daughter and it worked out perfect.
IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

One thing I never got around to doing was replacing the brick pavers that were sinking and pretty nasty looking

This year decided to go a bit bigger (actually biggest I can fit comfortablely in that spot) and replace brick pavers plus add a small platform deck next to the pool for some room to move around while entering/exiting the pool.
I still have some work to finish but I'm in the final stretch now.
Here's some pics!
It's a intex 12'x36" running a upgraded filter and a intex swg.

Digging
IMAG1700.jpg

New flagstone
IMAG1710.jpg

IMAG1711.jpg

Set up.
IMAG1712.jpg

Construction zone
IMAG1713.jpg

Almost done. Still need to add mulch and finalize the flagstone but its swim ready now. (Deck platform off to the left by ladder its 5'x10')
IMAG1738.jpg

My little one enjoying her bigger and better pool this year.
IMAG1718.jpg

All comments welcome :)

PoolGuy87 said:
Next year I bet you find a way to fit a 24' X 52" in that spot somehow!!!
I would love to get a bigger pool but this is about as big as I can go without tearing down the garage.....hmmm I don't really use the garage much lol

blakej said:
Excellent upgrade! Well done! :goodjob:
Thanks! A lot of work but it came out pretty good I think. Thanks for the compliment!

I see plenty of room.. Just slide it over to the right into that "high maintenance" grassy area and built your deck below the top edge of a nice 21 foot ABG pool... oh wait... that's what I did... LOL

Have fun. It's good to see the "thanks!" on the kids faces. Not much really beats an honest "That's awesome, Dad!" as they climb back into the pool.

Very nice job! I can see you are a hero to your daughter!

What did you put your legs on?

I agree with techguy...that grass is just taking up valuable pool real estate. I started with the same pool you started with three seasons ago...now it is a 21' agp with a deep end...just a matter of time for you :twisted:

Don't forgot, the deck doesn't need to be at the top edge of the wall. My main deck is three feet below the top edge of the pool and two steps above my concrete deck. This way the little ones can't get in without a ladder. My new "jump" deck is 1/2 inch below the back lower-edge of the coping and it's about 2 inches down from the top. I will be building a jump platform over the top to enable jumping without pushing on the resin top seats.

I highly suggest you enjoy what you have today and plan your next pool while contemplating about it in a pool floaty with cold beverages nearby.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all the compliments!

Each leg is supported by a brick paver. Found a good use for a few that I dug up lol

That ladder confused me haha didn't know what that was but ill switch it around. Assuming that's so you can't swim through and get stuck!?

Also just went up to wallyworld and got a package of 2 underwater lights with a remote for 10 bucks and they light this thing up perfect!

So finally got the pool back up. For those that don't know the last pool split a seam causing a flood in my yard. Booo.
But new ones all set up and looks good to go.
Used carpet padding under this one and I love it. You can really tell the difference. Also finally added mulch around the pool and a few other places. It's looking pretty good.
Also added a pond by the deck with small waterfall using the left over flagstone as a border. I'll try to snap some pics later!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.