New 16x32 In-ground pool - help

ddpool

Jul 20, 2008
Minnesota
Hello...
We are ready to take the plunge and install an in-ground pool. We are looking at a 16x32 sport type pool...2 shallow ends and deeper in the middle. Anyone have any suggestions, comments on what we should expect? Is this a good size? Sport pool ok? Deep in the middle? How deep for shallow ends? Etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Generally a sport pool is something like 3.5'/5'/4'. That's how mine is, and I wish I had a bigger pool...it all depends on what you expect to be doing in it I guess. Nobody ever feels like playing volleyball (maybe I need less lazy friends), and I wish I had a deep end.

Thanks for the input. We are now thinking of going with an L-shaped pool. Lshape=8x11x24 - 3-1/2' deep then a 21' section sloped down to 7' deep. No diving board but deep enough to jump in etc. Any thoughts? Is it worth it to do the L-Shape...my thought is it will create a shallow area for playing and a deeper end for jumping...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.