They dropped my fiberglass pool!!

I am not a fiberglass expert either but I would look over the bottom of the pool that hit the pavement and the inside of the pool. Make sure there are no nicks or anything in the fiberglass. If it was a short fall it should be ok as fiberglass is pretty tough but as far as 5 years down the road. No one can give you that answer. If you do decide to keep it I would make the PB sign something stating he would warranty it from cracks for X amount of years and would put that video under lock and key for future problems. If the PB really doesn't think it hurt it he should have no problem backing up his work and opinion on the damage to the fiberglass. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to consider... if the impact caused hairline gelcoat cracks, these may not be readily visible at first (dirt/algae collecting in the cracks will eventually make them darker and more noticeable). So, in other words, even if they show you that there are no visible cracks, that doesn't mean they are not not there and won't show up later.

--Michael

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would also agree. Any damage I would not accept because that is just setting you up for problems later no matter if you can see it because of the coping or not. Fiberglass is strong but once there is damage it can spread. If one part is damaged that weakens the whole unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man this has got to be tough. It's so easy for us to say "demand a new one" etc., but we aren't there dealing with the contractor who is probably freaking out on the inside and all calm and reassuring on the outside towards you.

How in the world did they drop it?

I would want a new one!

Agreed as well. Paraphrasing an earlier thread...you're spending many thousands of dollars on a piece of equipment that MUST provide safe, reliable service, at risk of damage to you, your property, your family, your neighbors' property, and your home.

You have a right to demand that it be handled correctly, REGARDLESS of how much assurance a stranger gives you that "it'll be ok", or how difficult they may try to make the process.

harleysilo said:
Oh man this has got to be tough. It's so easy for us to say "demand a new one" etc., but we aren't there dealing with the contractor who is probably freaking out on the inside and all calm and reassuring on the outside towards you.

That's what insurance is for. Any good contractor has more than enough to cover this, or at least he better. I wouldn't accept a new TV that's been dropped but "looks" ok...nor would I accept this. There's several ways a contractor can weasel out of the warranty in the future...and that's assuming they're still in business in a few years. Stand tall....you didn't make the mistake, they did!

Dude, read that linked thread in the 4th message in this thread.

Make sure that thing is satisfactory to YOUR standards, not the installers standards. How much have you paid out right now and how much will you have paid out once the pool is in the ground and finished. Best to deal with this sooner rather than later.

Leebo said:
harleysilo said:

That's what insurance is for. Any good contractor has more than enough to cover this, or at least he better. I wouldn't accept a new TV that's been dropped but "looks" ok...nor would I accept this. There's several ways a contractor can weasel out of the warranty in the future...and that's assuming they're still in business in a few years. Stand tall....you didn't make the mistake, they did!

Hmm... This is hitting the nail on the head right here spot on...DEMAND A NEW ONE!

Thank you ALL so much! I stood my ground and the company owner called and made it right. They will be bringing a new pool, albeit a different shape, here tomorrow and having another crew install it. I am SO relieved. We will have to pay more money however because the other available pool is more expensive. I guess that is the price for peace though. Hopefully they can work with us on that part.

I can't say thank you enough for your encouragement and support. You guys really helped me to stand by what I felt and proceed as necessary! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.