Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well water in pool is cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

Well water in pool is cloudy

Just trying to help my daughter so I don't have all her test results, but wondered if anyone here has any experience with well water and why her pool is so cloudy (white looking). It appears her chlorine level is good and ph is stable. Can anyone direct me to prior posts or info?
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well water in pool is cloudy

Can you post a complete set of test numbers? It's hard to say what the problem is until we know what the pool's chemistry is. A picture might help, too.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry, I'm at work now and my daughter lives an hour away. I feel sorry for her; she's done all sorts of tests etc., added chemicals, floc, whatever! She's jealous of my pool, which is so clear and beautiful thanks to changing from Baquacil to chlorine! I just wondered if someone would have an idea about the first step I should take in trying to help!
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

First step, test the water.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

The first step.........IS.......... a good set of water tests. Sounds like she's already spent enough time and money TRYING.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

I'll try to go out there this weekend with my fancy kit and take tests and post results for everyone's review!

7. Back To Top    #7

Water test..I use well water.no problem's.but, you have to remember city water is control's level's&are adjusted automatic..Well, water is straight from ground.So yes ,It is very imortant to have a good water test kit to control level's&adjust.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

OK, will do! I'll post again when I have all the numbers