Pool toys and something to hold them or store them in?

Was wondering if anyone had any good ideas or pictures or your pool toys..such as maybe something to hold your air mattresses. Maybe something to store them in or on and even life jackets? At one time I saw a rack that was made out of pvc pipe to hold things like this.

Thanks for any help or suggestions! :)

I use a pickup truck web hooked on the fence around the pool. I have the biggest I could find from WalMart.

cbnetu36CAT.jpg

Like this. Works great for me. Hooks right on to the chain-link fence around the pool. It keeps the toys there even in high wind storms.

When ours are not in the water, they are around the pool, in the yard, and possibly even the neighbors yard. But I get sick of it, and I actually keep them in our shed all the time. I will probably get to making it better and easier to store it all this year. Right now, basically I have a large rubbermaid tote that I keep small stuff in, and a workbench that all of the rafts and tubes get piled on top of. It is a 10 x 10 shed so it works pretty good. I also have a rubbermaid storage thing along the fence that I keep the solar cover in.

I like to keep my pool toys out of the sun, helps the vinyl last longer, and keeps them from fading. currently, I deflate and put them in the garage, but when I get my back room cleaned out (from the laundry room to the garage) it will store all my toys and my chemicals.

Thanks for all the ideas! I will keep them all in mind.

My room is fairly big to store everything in which I can do...But I really like the net idea too. I also have a deck box that I keep all my cushions in. May have to make some room in it also! :)

Still looking for something that I seen one time that was made out of pvc pipe that you could lay all the air mattress in on their sides and the water drained off and it also had something to keep them from blowing out. But like I said...I have locked online and still not seen it.

Thanks again and sorry for late response!
Summersgal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We replaced an old fence around our yard, so I saved the good planks from it. I used some to make this pool toy box:

pool_box.jpg

pool_box_open.jpg

It took most of a full weekend to make the 100+ tongue-and-groove slats. I was pretty tired of this little project about halfway through!

Raft storage

We have some of the Frontgate floats and the PVC holder. It can hold three rafts and is two pieces. I have used it for three years and it is broken in two places due to wind damage. I just looked at the Frontgate website and noticed they only sell an aluminum version of it now. Here's a link:

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?item= ... uctID=1516

Maybe the aluminum product is a more sturdy rack. Either way, it costs 99.50 which seems kind of high to me. I believe we paid less than 50.00 for ours. You may be able to make your own from PVC part from a home supply store. Whatever you do, enjoy your new pool!

We bought a pvc one from Leslie's and it's a piece of junk. Pipe is not heavy enough and is warped after 3 weeks. If you build one (which I guess is what we'll do next) make sure to use heavy thick walled pvc pipe. Glad to know about the frontgate one as that was my next one to try!
gaye

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.