Pool toys and something to hold them or store them in?

One thing to keep in mind if you are planning on making one yourself. If you put caps on the end of all the pipes, it is going to warp. The sun will heat it up, and the air will have no place to go, which will stretch the pipe or warp it. I like the idea of 3" pvc filled with concrete for a base, with a tee or combo looking up with a bunch of other tees to place things in. But either drill holes in the caps, or don't cap the ends.

I think I'm going to build one of those. I think to make it more stable I will build it like this:

Picture two frames in a U shape spaced about 4' apart. The verticals would be maybe 3' or 4' apart as you view the U. These two frames would be connected with a long piece of PVC at the bottom left and bottom right of the U. Basically, if you look at the frontgate picture you see little horizontal pieces that are short. I'm saying that is one long piece. They're using two so that you can adjust the length I imagine, but having it connected will make it much more rigid. The hard part will be if they offer 3-way plumbing pieces at Home Depot. I suspect they do. I did an isometric sketch showing what I'm picturing but having trouble with the scanner.

I think if you built this with 1.5" PVC and kept it in the shade you'd probably be fine. Sand would add weight, but maybe too much. Let's see, if you had 2 @ 4' for the horizontals, 4 @ 2.5' for the verticals, and 2 @ 4' for the bottom of the U that would be 26' lf. I'll ignore wall thickness and say that 1.5" PVC has an area of 1.77 in^2/ft. So, that's 1.77/144*26 = .32 ft^3 which would be 100 pcf * .31 = 31#....hmmm, that's not bad, but it would warp like crazy if you picked it up with the sand. You'd probably have to drag it around. Still, this looks like a good solution.

Make it yourself out of 3 inch Schedule 40 or Schedule 80 PCV. The schedule 40 is white where the schecdule 80 is grey. Fill the bottom part of it with concrete and you will have the ideal float holder.

Very cheeply made. Use PVC cement to glue it together. Will last a lifetime and you can use plastic paint to paint it any color you choose or leave it white or grey.

Your preference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.