Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool toys and something to hold them or store them in?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool toys and something to hold them or store them in?

Was wondering if anyone had any good ideas or pictures or your pool toys..such as maybe something to hold your air mattresses. Maybe something to store them in or on and even life jackets? At one time I saw a rack that was made out of pvc pipe to hold things like this.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

2. Back To Top    #2
    We just have a rubbermaid deck box, but you might find something like this usefull:

Pool Pantry
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

I use a pickup truck web hooked on the fence around the pool. I have the biggest I could find from WalMart.

Like this. Works great for me. Hooks right on to the chain-link fence around the pool. It keeps the toys there even in high wind storms.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Hotrod

Thanks for the idea..now I just need the deck poured and a fence! But I will keep that in mind
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

5. Back To Top    #5

Sean

Thanks for the Information! That is really nice idea also!

Keep them coming

6. Back To Top    #6

When ours are not in the water, they are around the pool, in the yard, and possibly even the neighbors yard. But I get sick of it, and I actually keep them in our shed all the time. I will probably get to making it better and easier to store it all this year. Right now, basically I have a large rubbermaid tote that I keep small stuff in, and a workbench that all of the rafts and tubes get piled on top of. It is a 10 x 10 shed so it works pretty good. I also have a rubbermaid storage thing along the fence that I keep the solar cover in.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

7. Back To Top    #7

We use two Rubbermaid extra large deck boxes for the smaller items.

Bigger floats, inner tubes, etc. get put in the cabana.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

8. Back To Top    #8
    I like to keep my pool toys out of the sun, helps the vinyl last longer, and keeps them from fading. currently, I deflate and put them in the garage, but when I get my back room cleaned out (from the laundry room to the garage) it will store all my toys and my chemicals.
    30,000gal In-ground Gunite Pool DE filter
    Polaris 380 APC

BBB method all the way - Newb, like to absorb info and chatter, but take the experts' advise

9. Back To Top    #9

We use a Suncast deck box with seat. http://www.suncast.com/outdoorstorage/d ... boxes.aspx

We put all the towles, goggles, toys in it. We got in on sale at Target last year.
    Pool Details: 25,440 Gal IG Vinyl 21x40 Mountain Pond (Graphex)
    Filter: Hayward Micro-Clear DE (48 Sq Ft)
    Pump: Hayward SP2603VSP VS Super Pump
    SWG: Circupool Si45
    Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for all the ideas! I will keep them all in mind.

My room is fairly big to store everything in which I can do...But I really like the net idea too. I also have a deck box that I keep all my cushions in. May have to make some room in it also!

Still looking for something that I seen one time that was made out of pvc pipe that you could lay all the air mattress in on their sides and the water drained off and it also had something to keep them from blowing out. But like I said...I have locked online and still not seen it.

Thanks again and sorry for late response!
    Summersgal

11. Back To Top    #11

We replaced an old fence around our yard, so I saved the good planks from it. I used some to make this pool toy box:

It took most of a full weekend to make the 100+ tongue-and-groove slats. I was pretty tired of this little project about halfway through!
    blubluenoiseise

My pool: 14,750 gallons in-ground plaster
    FAFCO Solar panels (seven 4' x 12') with a Goldline automatic controller
    1/2 HP WhisperFlo filter pump, Kreepy Krauly cleaner, Cartridge Filter
    Aquarite SWG, Satisfied user of the TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Raft storage

We have some of the Frontgate floats and the PVC holder. It can hold three rafts and is two pieces. I have used it for three years and it is broken in two places due to wind damage. I just looked at the Frontgate website and noticed they only sell an aluminum version of it now. Here's a link:

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?item= ... uctID=1516

Maybe the aluminum product is a more sturdy rack. Either way, it costs 99.50 which seems kind of high to me. I believe we paid less than 50.00 for ours. You may be able to make your own from PVC part from a home supply store. Whatever you do, enjoy your new pool!
    30K gal in ground shotcrete pool with Sunstone Select finish
    Attached raised spa with spillway
    DE filter, 400K btu heater
    Ray-Vac cleaner - replaced with Letro Legend 2
    Use BBB methods

13. Back To Top    #13

bluenoise

Wow that is too pretty to use at the pool! Very nice job! And a great idea!

14. Back To Top    #14

Beachnut_pa

Thank you for the link. I will check it out right now.

Hubby is pretty good at building things if I do say so myself. Now I will just have to talk him into it

15. Back To Top    #15

Just looked and that is what I was looking for! That is what I had seen somewhere. Heck..Hubby could even make it larger to hold more rafts! And I think with PVC it could be filled with a bit of concrete..that might keep the wind from blowing it over! Thanks again!

16. Back To Top    #16

You could also make it out of galvanized pipe or even iron pipe if you paint it. It would be heavier than PVC and a stronger than aluminum.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

17. Back To Top    #17

Steve

Thanks!
    Yes that could be done also.
    Just don't know what that galvanized pipe or the iron pipe might do to the kool deck?

18. Back To Top    #18

Sounds good

I am happy I could help you out with the link. I do lots af taking from this board and am happy to contribute when I can.

PVC partially filled with concrete sounds like the best plan to me. No deck scratching and no blowin' in the wind.
    30K gal in ground shotcrete pool with Sunstone Select finish
    Attached raised spa with spillway
    DE filter, 400K btu heater
    Ray-Vac cleaner - replaced with Letro Legend 2
    Use BBB methods

19. Back To Top    #19

Re: Pool toys and something to hold them or store them in?

We bought a pvc one from Leslie's and it's a piece of junk. Pipe is not heavy enough and is warped after 3 weeks. If you build one (which I guess is what we'll do next) make sure to use heavy thick walled pvc pipe. Glad to know about the frontgate one as that was my next one to try!
    gaye

20. Back To Top    #20

Re: Pool toys and something to hold them or store them in?

I made test stands for work from 1 1/2" PVC and a 3"x 3' piece filled with concrete and end caps. Heavier than you think. Used it for 3 months straight with 50+ wind gusts, didn't budge.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast