I think my pool may have some algae growing and a shock treatment is in order but the bleach calculator says 8 gallons of 6% would be required. This seems like a awful lot considering my pool has a vinyl liner. Does this seem correct ?
* Pool is 20*40 hopper pool with 8.5 foot diving end (25k Gallons??)
* Liner with Aquapure salt system
* Electric Cover
* Water temp is currently 85
I have been running the aqua-pure at 75% for 15 hours a day and I can barely keep the FC at 4. I turned the aquapure off one evening and took a FC-DPD test and got a 5 for FC, then in the morning the test was 3.5.