Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Hot tub in hotel

Hot tub in hotel

The hot tub in the hotel at which we are staying has foaming bubbles on the water when the water is churning at any speed. The high speed has a TON of bubbles and foam. Is this normal or should we stay OUT?
    @ Home Hot Tub Venture model 350 gal. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

Re: Hot tub in hotel

It could have had a hefty dose of algaecide lately.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

I won't get in a pool or spa at a hotel. Knowing what I know now has ruined that.

FYI, some folks here take their test kit with them and test the water before they get in. I haven't done it, but yes I'm that paranoid.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II T100 Sand Filter, CompuPool CPCS48 SWG, TF-100 test kit

It's most likely just soap from people who didn't rinse/shower off before getting into the tub. Hot tubs usually don't have algicide added to them and in a commercial/public spa it's likely they are just using chlorine directly without any CYA. So if anything, the chlorine will be too strong.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

You could not pay me enough to get in a public Hot Tub. Unless you like soaking in strangers urea. And worse...... In my opinion.....STAY OUT

Plus you are counting an a minimum wage person to control the sanitizer in the tub... no thanks.
    Barrier Reef Pacific1-Pacific color 37'9" X 14'1" fiberglass IG ~ 17,500 gallons, FHPM1.0-2 Jandy FloPro pump, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Waterco Multicyclone 16 pre filter, Jandy CV580 filter, 3 PAL-2000 RU LED lights, 1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 2" rigid pvc suction and return plumbing, BBB method, TF100 Kit