do I need to take my pool down???

Jun 18, 2012
Intex ultra frame 32 x 16 x 52
It's just about full now but I wonder if it's safe to use: this is what happened last night while filling up:

IMG_1246.jpg

But what worries me the most is this corner: the long side is hardly inside. I thought it would "pop in" as the long side straitened out but I'm almost all the way to the top and it doesn't look like it will.

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

The other 3 corner are like this:

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

The pool itself is just about perfectly leveled:
IMG_1253.jpg

Do I need to empty the pool ( :? ) and re-install the liner to get that corner sorted out???

Really appreciate your help.
Thx

If you look at the cut outs for the poles there is not much room to move the liner over. I don't think that it matters other than how it looks. You should be able to straighten out the pavers or remove them all together. I would be worried about the cement paver eating away at the vinyl strap that holds the leg in place.
Do you keep a pool that size up all year or drain it?

If you go on youtube you can see videos of other pools. I think that your corners are fine and will look better with a little more water in the pool. Can you remove the pavers and dig then in a little further and replace? You may be able to jack up the leg somehow and fix the paver. It might be better to jack up the leg and use a piece of 5/8" plywood under the leg.

I don't think I can replace the broken pavers without draining the pool completly...
as for jacking up the leg, don't think it's a good idea, that's a LOT of weight on the legs, pretty sure the tube would bend/be crushed even if I supported them and spreaded the load...

You should try to fix them before draining the pool. What happens if you stand on the end of the paver that is up? You might be able to have someone stand on the paver to hold it down and then tap it in with a piece of wood and a big hammer.

added more water and the corner settled down, yes!
Now i don't know about the tiles, gonna see how they look in a few days.
if they sink, I'll see if I can dig around it to add some more support...

It looks like you used topsoil to backfill your site.

If it sank that much while dry, it WILL sink even more when it gets wet, a heavy rain will really cause it to sink.

What you need here is a larger footprint for the support legs to sit on, also it looks like you didn't have the supports centered on the pavers.

Can you tell if they broke or just tilted up?

It is possible to jack up each leg a little at a time and build up under them, others here have done it.

I am not sure 5/8" plywood alone would be enough, but using something like a 2" x 12" treated board cut 12" long under each one might.

The way it sits right now I agree with the above post that rubbing the straps on the concrete is most likely going to cause more problems.

I would not leave it like that and try to get through this season with it, one way or another you need to fix it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

5/8 plywood is way more than strong enough. Those pool legs do not carry that much load. It would be easy to slide a piece of 5/8 plywood under the leg. The plywood is sitting on the ground. You would have to almost crush the plywood for it to fail.
If you go on Youtube you will see many people with plywood under their leggs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.