Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Day 55 and I have the pool I wanted

1. Back To Top    #1

Day 55 and I have the pool I wanted

So we moved in 55 days ago, and I have been struggling to get the pool where I wanted it. We have been running the filter, not running the filter, adding stuff, testing with strips, backwashing, vacuuming, all with little results that really got the pool clean.

I came to the forum 3 days ago, and now this is my pool .

Finally vacuumed with some sense, and rather than sucking up the green stuff and hoping my filter cleans it, I shocked the pool and killed it, now after vacuuming up the residue, the pool is actually clean!!

Our modest pool furniture (hey you need to start somewhere)

Finally clear down through the ladder!

20x40, gunite/CL Sunstone Pearl finish, Jandy DE filter, 400K BTU Raypak NG heater, 1.5 hp Jandy Plus pump, Polaris 380 cleaner, Cover-Pools auto cover, Nature2 Fusion sanitizer, BioGuard 1200 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Day 55 and I have the pool I wanted

That's how it works!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

looks great
    60K gallon plaster, dual CircuPool RJ45 SWCGs, dual Hayward 2hp Superpumps, 36" Hayward Sand Filter
    http://www.themustardseedmission.org
    La Quinta BethEl, missions house
    Los Cedros, Nicaragua

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome,
    Congrats on the house and taking control of your pool ! It's an awesome feeling !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks great!
    Intex 12ft X 36 in inflatable ring pool - gotta start somewhere, right? :)

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to actually OWNING your pool!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

7. Back To Top    #7

Just got the Barracuda in the pool, should be done ish by the morning. Who else loves not vacuming!

20x40, gunite/CL Sunstone Pearl finish, Jandy DE filter, 400K BTU Raypak NG heater, 1.5 hp Jandy Plus pump, Polaris 380 cleaner, Cover-Pools auto cover, Nature2 Fusion sanitizer, BioGuard 1200 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

How deep is the deep end? Those side really slope but not very steep. Crystal clear looks great!!!
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

9. Back To Top    #9

Sides don't slope very aggresively which is fantastic because you can actually stand in the deep end without slipping. Deep end is about 8 ft maybe 7.5 ft, will measure with a tape sometime for sure. Still getting her in top shape you know.

Next step is finding out actual CYA to ensure I am keeping FC at the right levels.

10. Back To Top    #10

That is what TFP is all about. Makes you want to dive right in. Nice job. Enjoy the rest of your swim season.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"