Jun 20, 2012
Hello all-

I am a newbie to the site and a newbie to pool ownership! Installed our 18'x48" about a week ago and so far so good (other than 5 of the legs have sunk about an inch or 2). Learned a lot on this site in just a few hours of looking and I am sure I will be back with more questions! Luckily a neighbor has some experience and he has helped me out.

I do have 1 question for taking care of the feet that are sinking. With it only being an inch or 2, should I wait and see what happens before doing anything? I have a 1 acre lot and it is pretty level. The spot I put the pool on is +/- 1 inch of level all around it. I also used a level on all of my posts to ensure they were plumb. If it is suggested that I should take care of the feet or it keeps sinking, my plan is to drain 50% of the water and use a car jack to lift each "T" support. My question with that process is this:

I am not sure if this is the location I want the pool to be in forever. Since I didn't need to level the ground, I didn't take up the sod or anything like that. Future plans may include a concrete pad in a different location. Anyway, I am wondering if there is anything I can put under the feet that is thinner than pavers that won't require me to sink them level with the ground? I read somewhere that a piece of decking cut at 6" would work to sit on the surface. I also thought of getting 1/4" steel plates cut to put under the feet (keeping them from touching the liner).

I live in North Dakota and we have a short season so I don't want to be dinking around with the pool all summer, we just want to enjoy it! Luckily my water is good and I haven't had to spend a lot of time making the water good. Just learned how to use the skimmer and vacuumn that came with my pool tonight so I will be cleaning it one day this week. Otherwise I am happy with my purchase and have already enjoyed using it!

Thank you in advance for all the advice!

Welcome to tfp, MNGophers29 :wave:

YAY GOPHERS, GO!

MNGophers29 said:
With it only being an inch or 2, should I wait and see what happens before doing anything?
Hard to say without seeing it. Post pics if you want. If you put nothing under the feet, it is not surprising that they sunk.

MNGophers29 said:
I read somewhere that a piece of decking cut at 6" would work to sit on the surface.
I have seen that work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.