Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding lights to an inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding lights to an inground pool

Hi all,

I have an older inground vinyl pool that I'm about to replace the vinyl liner. I currently don't have any lights in my pool and would really like to add them. Is it possible, during the liner replacement, to add a couple LED lights? I had a pool guy tell me he might be able to do nicheless lights but I'm not really sure what he was getting at.

Thanks all for your advice.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding lights to an inground pool

I don't see a reason why not as long as you're able to dig on the back side of the pool. If the pool is concrete around it you would have to cut the concrete and dig down along the side of the pool. Seems like a lot of work just for a pool light. We have a nice LED light in our pool and I'm not sure I'd do it again since it's never used.
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Bartlesville, OK

Adding lights to an inground pool

I would love to do the same thing to ours. if you come across a model number or example of a light provide a link please!
    27000 gal 18x36 rectangle In-Ground built in 1978
    Vinyl liner, 3/4hp Hayward Super pump, single speed 3450rpm
    Sand Filter: 300 pound sta-rite T-240BP-1, 3.14 sqft surface area
    Using bleach since 2 Compupool SWG units have failed
    K-2006 Test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Adding lights to an inground pool

Great thanks, I imagine I'll have to cut into the steel wall to achieve this. Has anyone ever heard of nicheless lights?