DIG-220 check system error

Jun 19, 2012
I'm getting a low amp error. I thought it was my cell plus cord so I replaced both of those. The cord itself was burn up and likely not working.

So, I got a new cord and sc-36 cell and installed them. Nothing has changed, still getting the low amp error. Seems to me it's my power board.

Here are the reading I get on the pool pilot (forgive me for all of the nob questions).

Pool Pilot is 5 yrs old.
Readings are as follows
software 4.2
power level 2
salt 3600 ppm (19000 gallon pool)
Cell = 0V .6 A

So, from my limited knowledge my powerboard is gone. I have already checked the connection on the power cord to the cell and the the 220 box.

After some research I have found that it's cheaper to buy the new unit vs just the power supply.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoPilot-P...637?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43acd4d305

So, in terms of questions does it sound as if the 220 should simply be replaced? Since I'm getting no amps it has to be the power supply, right?

thanks, matt

This can also happen if the programming got messed up. Press the PUMP button. If it says REMOTE RUNS PUMP, then you need to go into the INSTALLER MENU and change the the RELAY setting to either EXTERNAL TIMER or ONE SPEED PUMP, depending on how you have your pump controlled.

Poolsean said:
This can also happen if the programming got messed up. Press the PUMP button. If it says REMOTE RUNS PUMP, then you need to go into the INSTALLER MENU and change the the RELAY setting to either EXTERNAL TIMER or ONE SPEED PUMP, depending on how you have your pump controlled.

Thanks for the quick reply. I pushed the pump button and this did not seem to be the case.

attached are images of in inside of my 220. It seems like it's on its last leg. Seems fried.
Questions.
- Do you agree?
- Is it better to get a new DIG-220 vs just the powerboard. They run around $580 on ebay.

2 more images in a second...

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 58
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 58
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 59
attached are images of in inside of my 220. It seems like it's on its last leg. Seems fried.
Questions.
- Do you agree?
- Is it better to get a new DIG-220 vs just the powerboard. They run around $580 on ebay.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 59
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 59
Mcigreenville,

It's been a few months since your post and i'm not sure what route you took regarding solving your problem. (New power supply unit; power module board; still have problem; etc)

If you search this forum, you will see that your problem is similar in nature and cause to what many of us have experienced with the Dig-220.

The photos you posted show that you have four failed capacitors on your power board (always those 4). See my post in this thread: Autopilot Dig-220 check/clean cell.

I just replaced those caps with 4 Panasonic FC series caps I got off Ebay costing just over $8.00 including shipping, and the system is back to its previous happy self. Total time for the fix: 40 minutes!

Compare that to $385.00 for a new power supply module or $580.00 for a new controller box.

One more thing,

given that you are getting 0 volts you may have a blown fuse. the system does carry more than 1 fuse (think its 3 off the top of my head).
The fuse thingy if true, would be in addition to the busted caps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.