Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Big thanks to all on here

Big thanks to all on here

I just wanted to say thanks to all that have answered my questions this last year.
    I always had a little trouble keeping my pool clear and I used a LOT of chlorine.
    To make a long story short, I dumped about 20% of my water and refilled. I now have my CYA down to 45 and my chlorine use is down to almost nothing.
    Before I drained, a gallon of 10% per day couldn't keep me at suggested levels. Now, I'm using about 25% of what I was and the water couldn't be clearer.
    Thanks again guys.
    Mesa Arizona. Old school 26,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with sand filter built in 1984.

Re: Big thanks to all on here

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Gone: Hayward RS1500 pump, undersized DIY solar heater, Dolphin Dynamic Robotic Cleaner
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Thank you for learning to take control of your pool. It feels good to know what's going on with your pool doesn't it?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Thank you for learning to take control of your pool. It feels good to know what's going on with your pool doesn't it?
    It seems to come with a price though. lol.
    Now my neighbors have seen my pool and want me to check on theirs and get it as clean as mine. I also have a friend moving down from Oregon and I'm supposed to get his new pool up and running because I supposedly "know so much about it".
    I had relatives come over to Arizona to visit me a couple weeks ago but said they won't go in a chlorine pool and I said they were crazy. You hair won't turn green and I promise there will be no chlorine smell and your swim suits won't fade. They didn't believe me. Well, it was 106 the 2nd day they were here and couldn't help themselves but to dive in and guess what? They loved it.
    Now they are coming back in September for an extended vacation so they don't have to pay big bucks for a "normal" vacation.
    Go figure. lol.
    Mesa Arizona. Old school 26,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with sand filter built in 1984.

Hey, now you know how all us IT folks feel! Everyone thinks we are their personal computer experts.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II T100 Sand Filter, CompuPool CPCS48 SWG, TF-100 test kit

Every time someone doesnt believe me i google whats in "shock" and whats in bleach. That always zips the lip...lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    24X4 round vinyl liner 160 jacuzzi sand filter

Hey Robbie, I keep getting this popup on my computer that says I have something but when I click ok it goes away and then I can't remember what it said. How do I fix that?

My SIL called me the other day and said they were looking for a pool and they wanted one with water just like ours! She asked if it was ok to have the Pool Store call me so I could tell them what I used to keep the water so clean. I told her, SURE tell em to call me!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Hey Robbie, I keep getting this popup on my computer that says I have something but when I click ok it goes away and then I can't remember what it said. How do I fix that?

My SIL called me the other day and said they were looking for a pool and they wanted one with water just like ours! She asked if it was ok to have the Pool Store call me so I could tell them what I used to keep the water so clean. I told her, SURE tell em to call me!
    LOL, can you record phone calls in your state without the other party being aware?

That would be a great thread, Pool Store recordings of chemical recommendations....and yes there is an app for that, most likely it's already on your phone....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing