Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hmmm

1. Back To Top    #1

hmmm

we are thinking of moving to central Florida and we found a house that we really like with a pool. the house has been in foreclosure for over a year now, the pool is gunite, 6 feet deep, and there is only about 6-12 inches of water left in the pool. i am worried about cracking and the pool coming up out of its niche (i forget what its called its like hydro push or something ). the question is, that i don't see any visible cracks and the pool isn't pushed up, is everything cool or should i just have someone inspect the pool before i buy the house. i really like the pool because it has built in wall fountains. hmmmm???
    Cole Pocius
    15'x30'x52" AG, 1 HP Hayward Power Flo, Hayward per-flex D.E filter, Aqua luminator. chlorine, baracuda beta. vinyl liner, 12,500 k gallon

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hmmm

I would have it fully inspected by an expert. No doubt.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I second RobbieH's recommendation
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would never by a house with a pool without having it inspected. My husband and I were looking at a house last summer with a pool. We knew it needed a new liner, but we decided to have someone come look at it. Instead of spending 3-6 on a new liner we would have ended up spending close to 30k because everything was shot.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

5. Back To Top    #5

Where in Central FL? If the Clermont area with all of those hills a pool can be emptied, if the low country (close to a lake, they will pop out. Central FL has about a 3 foot water table for the most part. Have someone inspect it.

6. Back To Top    #6

ok thanks guys i will look for a pool inspector in my area, i live in the east coast (vero beach, sebastian area).
    Cole Pocius
    15'x30'x52" AG, 1 HP Hayward Power Flo, Hayward per-flex D.E filter, Aqua luminator. chlorine, baracuda beta. vinyl liner, 12,500 k gallon

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Most pools here in the Clermont area will be in-ground and concrete/gunite. We are in that area and we can inspect any you plan to bid on. These guys are totally right, I have seen some horrors as well as some real bargains in this economy, you can't be too careful. The staff in our stores in Clermont can help with any advice too if your ever in the area.

8. Back To Top    #8

thank you crystalclearfl i will check it out
    Cole Pocius