Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old Hayward pump - which model is it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Old Hayward pump - which model is it?

One of the retaining slots on the lid of my pump broke and I need to order a replacement. Looking at the casing I can see that it is a Power-Flo. Where I'm confused is that there are two different numbers that could be the model. The first are some "mechanized"-looking numbers identical to the type used for serial number and other specifications. It reads SP-1510-175. The other has a more pre-printed appearance and is part of the Power-Flo label that reads SP-125...can't make out the last character. Any help is appeciated as I don't wan't to order a lid for the wrong pump.

Pump lid is leaking and unsuable until this part is replaced. I was thinking of running out to get a mini C-clamp or one of those strong spring clamps with the rubber on the end as a temporary measure. If anyone has any past experience with temp fixes please advise. Could be awhile as I need to order this online (stores around here charge 2-3 times as much as mail order).

Thanks Much!
    * 18' x 33' - 48" oval AGP - new liner Summer 2014
    * Hayward Pro Series S210T Top Mount Sand Filter
    * Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1 1/2 hp Pump Model SP5615
    (equipment on posts prior to summer 2014) Hayward PowerFlo 1 hp pump - Jacuzzi "Tidewater" 190L, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old Hayward pump - which model is it?

I think that the pump model is SP-1510, and I think all of the SP1500's have the same cover. I found it here: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/pools...SPX1500D2A.htm

Not sure if this is the best price.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I believe you're right.

That one was a little pricey but not as bad as what the pool store down the street wanted ($50!)

I found a lid/cover at poolcentr.com for $28 including shipping and O-ring. However if you order from them via amazon it goes down to $22! Weird.

I think it's not OEM but don't care at this point as long as it works.

Thanks again!
    (equipment on posts prior to summer 2014) Hayward PowerFlo 1 hp pump - Jacuzzi "Tidewater" 190L, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

For $55 , from Amazon you can get the complete strainer assembly (SP1516).
    16x32 IG 19,000 gallons, Pentair 1.5 hp Energy Efficient Superflo pump (348024),vinyl liner, Chlorine dispenser, Hayward S-244T sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Waiting on it to arrive. Using two small HF spring clamps for the moment to keep the loose end secured.